The activities of IBERGRID in EOSC span in a number of EU and Nationally funded projects. In this page we provide the pointers to the relevant projects for each activity.
Landscape and evolution of EOSC services
- EOSC-synergy Country Landscapes have been compiled in 2020. Stay tuned to EOSC-synergy for the corresponding GAP analysis.
- See the IBERGRID services already available in the EOSC-Portal.
The EOSC Computing Platform
IBERGRID is the biggest provider of Cloud resources in the EGI Federation.
The integration of infrastructures is being coordinated int he framework of the project EOSC-synergy.
Expanding the capacity of the EOSC poses the challenge of making sure that any scientific data and thematic services made available can be considered to implement the FAIR principles. These principles advocate for making research data, software and other digital outputs of research as Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Reusable as possible.
- Automation of repositories, deployment and FAIRness checking is under development in EOSC-synergy.
- In the framework of EGI-ACE a Data Space containing the joint ecological GBIF catalogue of the Iberian Peninsula is under construction.
Thematic Services for Researchers
- We are adapting multidisciplinary thematic services to EOSC in the framework of EOSC-synergy dedicated work package activities.
- Thematic Services including DEEP Learning capabilities have been adapted in the framework of DEEP-Hybrid Datacloud.
- IBERGRID supports the integration of flagship use cases in the framework of EOSC-Hub
Fostering EOSC adoption via Service Quality Assurance
EOSC-synergy dedicates a work package to streamline the processes related to quality service development and safe adoption of EOSC.
We are improving service quality and reward adherence to EOSC standards through an EOSC SQA qualification/stamp. Our aim is enabling the automatized assessment of service quality, conformance and compliance. We foster EOSC adoption by promoting the uptake of quality standards and best practices applied to services, reducing issues and improving maintainability.
Federation and Software Services
- Infrastructure Manager : as a service for the EGI Federated Cloud
- Elastic Cloud Computing cluster (EC3) create virtual clusters on top of Infrastructure as a Service providers
IBERGRID is responsible for the validation of the main software stack of EGI. This includes:
- Software management services: IBERGRID team is responsible for the software management and release of the middleware that enables the Federated Cloud operations.
- EGI Software repository: the IBERGRID team maintains the EGI Software repository in a duplicated installation at LIP and IFCA-CSIC.
This work is co-funded by the EGI.eu Foundation, the projects EGI-ACE and EOSC-Future and IBERGRID.